Friday 2 July 2010

Renai Conclusion

When I was downloading Renpy and I was being told that we were going to make my own game I was really excited. When I got home I read the online manual, played the tutorial and took notes. At first I tried to make my game at home but I would not work on my computer so I had to always do it a college. When I had done a few tests and gotten use to doing the basics I started to plan my characters and backgrounds. I started by finding pictures that would look good when I painted over them; the characters are the same as the characters in School Days, I did the same for the backgrounds. Although I had to make a few more character emotions or backgrounds every time I edited my game I realised that I need them even if I only used them once. The pictures I used in my Renai were taken from the Internet, Google image, or the anime itself and then I painted over them in art, also I saved the images several different times with different facial expressions or clothes. The background images I made in paint myself.
The next thing I started was the plot and story line, I did base some of it on the anime but some of the plot is my own work and so is most of the characters dialogue. The story is about Makoto who has moved into an apartment and moved to a different school he meets Konata and Sekai and befriends them but he doesn’t know that they are rivals for any boys affection and always try to out-do each other.
Finally I started the most difficult part finding the right music and sound effects. I think it took me about three or four days to find the music I thought most suitable to use. The music and sound effects I got from You Tube then I edited them in windows moviemaker. The songs for Sekai’s bad moment, Konata’s bad moments are from the anime Higurashi. I chose them because I though they were perfect for when the two characters were fighting it works well at the begging when they have the first fight scene because you know or you start to think that some thing bad going to happen, the music for the general back ground, the good ending, the evil laugh and the scream is also from Higurashi. The music for the bad endings is from School Days I chose it because it is actually used for the bad ending in the anime. The sound effects knife stabbing, door open and closing, face slap and the heartbeat were also found on You Tube and edited in moviemaker. The sound effect for the neck cutting was taken from the anime School Days.
After finishing the story I started the work on the four different endings. They are still based on the anime School Days but I added my own twist to them. In School Days a few of the bad endings are where Konata commits suicide because Makoto chooses Sekai, Konata kills Sekai because Makoto chose Sekai, Sekai kills Makoto for choosing Konata then Konata kills her and cuts open her stomach to see if she is pregnant then Konata dies. How I twisted them was bad ending one would be if the player chooses Sekai then Konata would kill Sekai and cut open her stomach and laugh. Bad ending two would be if the player chooses Konata, Sekai would kill her and claim Makoto as hers. Bad ending three would be if the player chooses none of them, then the girls would come back together and kill Makoto. The fourth ending is a good ending, in the anime the good ending is they both agree to share Makoto and that’s how it happens in my game.

Testing results:
I had one person so far to play my game and here’s what he thinks
“Excellent story provided amusement, suspense and unexpected endings. Brilliant use of music and awesome animations."

1 comment:

Not Kesa said...

u sure plan a lot