Monday 10 May 2010

X-men: walked into a bar

By the ocean there is a bar. They called it Hannah’s Roadhouse once. I don’t know what they call it anymore. I just knew that she’d come and bring that thing with her. That thing that to me, was so precious, so deeply moving that just looking at it would blind me. But I had to have it and I knew that I couldn’t have it if she didn’t show up today.
There she was red hair with a slight orange fleck in the Oceans sunrise. She wasn’t old, in fact, she was new, as if reborn, and she didn’t see me as she opened the door to the bar. I let her walk, I had no plans. She brought 2 drinks and sat at the bar.

He sat in the corner table and watched her, she did not glace in his direction. An hour passed when she was joined by a man, in a black coat and hat just covering his eyes all that was visible was his mouth and chin. He sat beside her and took a sip from the glass. The minuets pasted when the man finally spoke

Man dressed in black “Do you have it”

Woman “would I have come here if I didn’t”

She handed him the item.

Man dressed in black “where’s the rest?”

Woman “in another location, but I’ll get it”

Man dressed in black “see that you do”

She got up and walked through the door, shortly after he left as well, he stopped for a second or two by the door I thought for sure he had seen him but nothing was said and he left.

Man “in another location what a disappointment, here I thought I would of have had it all tonight.” He thought as he finished his last drop of beer.

1 comment: