Monday 15 December 2008

Animation review



I used motion to make my animation project. My animation project is a ball bouncing off the walls, changing colours, stopping in the middle of the screen, being stretched and then exploding. My animations strong points would be the sound effects. My animations weak points would be how simple it is and how it changes colours randomly. How I created my animation project was I started off with a storyboard with just a ball for an idea, then I decided what that ball would do so I thought of it bouncing off the walls, then I though that is was to simple so I needed it to so some thing different so I thought of it stretching in the middle of the screen, I still wanted it to do some thing else so I thought of it being a balloon popping when being stretched. And drew all this down and described simply what it was doing. I thought it needed to do something else well it was bouncing so I thought I’ll make it change colours when ever it hit the walls but it did not go the way I wanted it to so I just recorded it changing colours randomly so it flashed different colours while moving around the screen and when it is being stretched. Then after it had been stretched I wanted it to burst so at the end of the animation of it being stretched I pressed the end button so the animation stopped and then I went on to effects and chose a small fire works display effect clicked and dragged it on to the animation at the end where the ball finishes so it looks like it has popped. Then I needed sound effects I went on to soundtrack pro and loaded up my animation I played and paused the ball when ever the ball touched the walls and pressed the mark button to mark it with a courser so I knew where to put the sound effects. I used the sound of a basketball where the ball hits the walls, I did the same when adding a weird whopping sound for the ball when it stretches, and finally I used a fireworks sound where the ball bursts. My other ideas were a person dancing but that was too complicated and the other idea was a person playing football but this was complicated as well so I did the bouncing ball as my final project. My final project is a flashing ball bouncing around the screen with the sound of a basketball when it hits the walls, a whopping sound when it is being stretched and a sparkly fireworks explosion and firework sound effect for when it bursts.

1 comment:

Vero said...

Wow, Genma! That sounds really cooool!